UEFA have halved the original fine they handed out to West Ham for ‘throwing of objects’ during their 2-0 win over Rapid Vienna in September.
The Irons were hit with the penalty after incidents in the Europa League clash at the London Stadium (30 September).
However, writing via his personal Twitter profile on Tuesday afternoon, BBC journalist Simon Stone claims UEFA have rowed back slightly on their original ruling.
Stone said: “West Ham’s fine reduced from €60k [£51,131] to €30k [£25,565] by UEFA for ‘throwing of objects’ during Europa League home game v Rapid Vienna in September.”
UEFA v West Ham
The Irons have enjoyed a successful Europa League campaign on the pitch so far this season, remaining unbeaten over their first five games and clinching top spot.
However, there have been issues off the pitch that have seen UEFA intervene and sanction the club.
As well as September’s home game against Rapid, there was also trouble during their away trip to Genk earlier this month (4 November).
Around 150 ticketless fans were said to have travelled to Belgium and caused disturbances, leading to another fine.
West Ham were also banned from selling tickets to their supporters for last week’s (25 November) trip to Austria, when they beat Rapid 2-0.
In the end, the ticket ban was futile as supporters were barred from attending the stadium anyway on account of Austria’s recent national lockdown.
But UEFA have relented a little on the fine they dished out for September’s incidents at the London Stadium.
In other West Ham news, David Moyes was ‘absolutely furious’ at this Irons star against Manchester City.
Be sure to follow West Ham Zone on Facebook and Twitter for 24/7 updates on the Hammers and more exclusive interviews with Frank McAvennie.
The post UEFA take major Tuesday financial action over West Ham – BBC journalist appeared first on West Ham Zone.